“To preserve the history of Beverly, using it to educate its citizens and build community.”
The Old Towne Beverly Historical Society grew out of a committee that advised Beverly’s history book, Built on Coal by Lawrence Herzog.
The committee found that the community’s history was not only engaging but that it had instilled a sense of pride in the members.
Inspired by the desire to share this pride in community, the group organized to promote Beverly’s history.
Our intention and desired outcome is:
To preserve the history of Beverly, using it to educate its citizens and build a sense of pride in the community.
Preserve the historical documents, artifacts, and significant landmarks of Beverly and in doing so:
- make historical artifacts available to the public in a permanent form
- contribute to local, provincial, and national history
Members and Volunteers
The Historical Society needs members and volunteers to carry out its programs and events. Please contact us at if you would like to help.
Olde Towne Beverly Historic Society Board of Directors – 2021
- Cornel Rusnak – President
- Dan Vriend – Past President
- Edie Boonstra – Vice President
- Darlene Schlodder – Secretary
- Lois Watkins – Treasurer
- Ray Loga – Fund Raising
- Laura Watkins – Communications
- Alene Carter – Director of Interpretive Centre & School Programs
- Harold Schlodder – Director at Large